Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Whew!

Made it through the holidays! Hope everybody had a Merry Christmas and a WONDERFUL New Year!
Some how I ended up with a handful of days off, so I am much more rested now and ready to get back to work!
I have gardens on the brain and am looking at what I want to plant this year. Our yard is mostly shade so that limits us. I do want a huge variety of peppers. Hot and sweet. This is great for cooking, pico, and chili pepper powder. In the shade we can grow alot of onion, lettuce, spinach, beans and brussel sprouts! I plan to plug in a small rhubarb plant, most likely in a pot for mobility.
The last two to three weeks I have been buying up fresh produce, craving it! We have had a constant supply of yummy pico, so we have been having tacos, burritos, quasadillas, etc. Today I am making a Mexican Lasagna. very tasty.  It is a lot like Italian Lasagna but lighter, healthier and yummier! I use taco meat, pico in place of tomato sauce and asedaro cheese in place of mozzarella mix. VERY tasty!
If you would like to try it, it will be available for lunch on Wednesday for $5 served with homemade tortilla chips!

Hope to see you for lunch soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment